1. ADD 2 TSP OLIVE OIL TO SAUTE PAN, TURN ON BURNER AT MEDIUM HEAT
2. ADD GARLIC TO OIL AND LET SIMMER FOR 30 SECONDS
3. ADD BLACK PEPPER, RED PEPPER, AND BASIL TO PAN AND LET SIMMER
4. POUR WINE INTO PAN WHEN GARLIC BECOMES TRANSLUCENT
5. BEWARE THE FLAMES COMING FROM THE PAN
6. ADD GIO'S TRIO MARINARA TO PAN AND LET SIMMER UNTIL IT REACHES YOUR DESIRED CONSISTENCY
7. IF YOU ENJOY THINGS A BIT MORE SPOICY YOU CAN INCLUDE ADDITIONAL RED CHILI FLAKES, BLACK PEPPER, OR CHILI PEPPERS.
8. POUR THIS SAUCE OVER YOU FAVORITE PASTA, AND ADD IN SOME SHRIMP, SCALLOPS OR ANY OTHER OF YOUR FAVORITE SEAFOOD.
3/4 JAR OF GIOS TRIO MARINARA
3 CLOVES OF MINCED GARLIC
2 TEASPOONS EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
4 BASIL LEAVES
1 PINCH CHILI FLAKES
1 PINCH BLACK PEPPER
2 OZ WHITE WINE (CHARDONNAY OR DRY WHITE)
Gio’s Trio has a long history dating back to when Giuseppe Calapai emigrated from Messina, Sicily to Providence, Rhode Island in 1978. In 1979 Giuseppe opened the acclaimed Blue Grotto Restaurant and brought the fresh, authentic flavors of Italy to Providence’s Federal Hill. After 20 years on Federal Hill, Giuseppe and his son Chef Giovan Calapai ventured to northern Rhode Island and opened Bella Restaurant. It was here at Bella that Gio’s Trio was born. Inspired by his three beautiful daughters Gabriella, Siena, and Natalia Chef Gio has brought the bright, fresh, flavors of Sicily and Bella to Gio’s Trio Marinara.
Cooking a meal is one of the most personal and intimate things you can do for someone. That feeling of freedom is real, and you see it in the smiles of your guests after the meal begins. Here you will find some recipes from Chef Gio's kitchen at Bella.
GIO'S TRIO MARINARA IS AVAILABLE AT THESE FINE LOCATIONS